Everything you need to know about Dynamics AX / D365 Finance & Operations
Whether you are currently operating on Dynamics AX, looking to move across to Dynamics AX from a different ERP or purely want to upgrade to the new D365 F&O you’ve come to the right place keep scrolling to enhance your knowledge of Dynamics AX & Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations.
What is Dynamics AX?
Dynamics AX is an ERP solution made by Microsoft that helps businesses manage the back-end operations that keep it running on a day-to-day basis. It is part of the Microsoft Dynamics suite, which contains both ERP and CRM solutions. Dynamics AX has come a long way since being acquired by Microsoft in 2002, at this point named “Axapta”. In 2006, Microsoft re branded Axapta and Dynamics AX was born. There have been several different versions released in the past decade, the most recent version being Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
Dynamics AX covers the below core areas:
- Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Warehouse Management
- Financial Management
- Retail and Ecommerce
- Inventory Management
- Project Management
- Service Management
- Human Resources
- Sales and Marketing
ERP systems are designed to unify all the systems you are currently using so everything is compiled, stored, and accessed through a single system. Which is what makes Microsoft Dynamics AX the choice enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution for growing businesses. As Microsoft’s flagship ERP solution and first Dynamics product built in the cloud, Dynamics AX provides a solid platform that will grow, adapt and evolve to your needs.
There are so many different ERP solutions and before you decide you really want to make sure the solution you choose is the right solution for your business.
Dynamics AX is the right solution for you if….
- You have complex business processes with a high volume of transactions and are looking for better control over your operations
- You are looking for an agile cloud solution that allows you to build as you grow
- You have a mobile workforce in need of access to your systems anywhere and everywhere
- You need a proper Project Accounting tool for tracking and managing all aspects of a project
- You don’t have the rich analytic capabilities right now with disjointed systems so you need a solution that can provide quick and accurate reports
- You require industry-specific capabilities in one of the following industries: Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, Public Sector, or Services
- You are running a multinational corporation that requires localizations, multi-language and multi-currency functionality
- You need to be able to deliver seamless commerce and omni-channel excellence
Dynamics AX is used in over 20,000 organizations of all sizes, worldwide. These companies are capitalizing on this modern, connected solution with a familiar user interface to drive business outcomes, manage intelligent operations, and deliver outstanding customer experiences.
Still not sure if it is the right ERP solution for your company? Give our specialist Dynamics AX / D365 Finance and Operations team a shout on 0191 406 6111 or drop us an email at [email protected]